Re: what the ...

From: Franklin Bowen <fbowen_at_balt.checkfree.com>
Date: Mon Jun 07 1999 - 09:26:09 EDT

There has been a rash of unsubscriptions recently NOT initiated by the
subscriber. If the list server gets a "permanent" error message from the
mail server it is sending to, it will automatically unsubscribe you. But
if you are unsubscribed, you will know it when you try to send a message to
the list because you'll get a reply saying something like "You can not send
a message because you are not a subscriber".

Maybe the list server can do something if a person is automatically
unsubscribed? Try to send an unsubscription e-mail message to the person
for 7 days? Easy for me to ask since I'm not the admin! :-)

"Toseland, Chris" <chris.toseland@ntu.ac.uk> on 06/07/99 04:40:04 AM

Please respond to vectorlist@mcfeeley.cc.utexas.edu