Re: 137179 replacements (again)

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Tue Jun 08 1999 - 04:38:43 EDT

Is there a list somewhere of the instructions for the
mathbox and/or the vector generator of, for example,
Tempest or Major Havoc? For example, somewhere
there is probably a "draw a red line from screen position
'A' to screen position 'B'" command.

More of a curiosity than anything. Was wondering
how tough it would be to redesign a vector game board
using modern electronics. Say, for example, using a
DSP to replace both the mathbox and vector generator.

And anyone know how fast a line gets drawn? By
this I mean how many inches per second. Like the
outer rectangle on Tempest self test, how long does
it take to draw from the upper left corner to the upper
right corner? Does the hardware slow down when
drawing diagonals or just increase the brightness to
compensate for a higher effective drawing speed.

You know, technical stuff. (Plus the speed issue
is important since I'm STILL trying to design a
flame-resistant monitor).