RE: 137179 replacements (again)

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Tue Jun 08 1999 - 11:33:07 EDT

The AVG needs RAM for a 16x4 hardware stack. That's why I can't get it to
fit in a decent sized CPLD. There's essentially 64 macrocells for RAM, and
by the time you get to a 128 macrocell device to fit the rest of the logic
in there (a bunch of counters that form the program counter and stack
pointer) the single-chip solution is costing more than the sum of the TTL
(by a long shot). :-/

-Clay