Re: Ampliphone HV FAQ is done!!!

From: Jeff Anderson <mayday19_at_idt.net>
Date: Tue Jun 08 1999 - 14:42:19 EDT

I gotta find where I got those BU406Ds from.. it was about a year ago
from some place that specializes in catering to PC monitor repair.
Apparently some MAC monitors use it.. I looked for the catalog but I cant
find it. They were under $2 each as I recall.

I had a red transformer work for 2 years straight in an ESB cockpit (25").
It was operated just about every day for about 12 hours.. Serial #1500 so
thats not under the "above #800" speculation.. but I'd probably expect
games other than SW to go a little easier on the HVT.

As to the design of the Amplifone, its very similar to the WGs in some
respects so maybe Rick Moncreif worked on designing it too.. He would
probably be very easy to get in touch with as he has his own company (LBE
technology) that makes those NASCAR simulators and sticks them in malls.
I've talked to a couple of the guys there a few months back including one
of the main desginers so hed be close to Rick... Shoulda got his business
card :<

I know this may not necessarily have its place in the FAQ.. but what about
the Amplifone raster monitors? They probably only came in Firefoxes. At
least thats the only place I've seen them.. Anybody ever done any digging
into them? will Wintrons work in them too? I have a 25" rasterfone in a
Firefox cockpit that is dead, and a 19" in a UR Firefox thats dead..
Gotta be the transformer they are both red. I know I'm crazy but I want
to get the 25" one going.

Jeff