Amplfone HV Faq 1.1 is done!!!

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed Jun 09 1999 - 12:09:59 EDT

I'm attatching the file to this message; it may take Jess a bit of time to
get the damn thing formatted in HTML before you see it on the game archive.

Changes: Following Zonn's input, I'm no longer stating that the 7824 should
be insulated, and have added his great explanation of the MCI.

Put a warning in Mark's section for disabling HV overvoltage protection, and
added John's suggestion of using a Variac.

Since I'm no longer making it mandidtory to insulate the 7824, I put in
several notes to check the lead insulation of the 1N4001's at the regs on the
solder side, and to replace the older "rubber" style insulators on the 7924
(VR2) with TO220 mica's and heat sink grease.

If anybody has any other suggestions or input, please let me know. I can keep
revising it to make it better (as my schedule permits), and as long as Jess'
sanity (or lack therof) holds out in reformatting it to HTML on the
GameArchive.

Thanks Again to Jess for adding the Amplifone Red HVT serial number registry
to the GameArchive. Be sure to put all of your red HVT boards up there and
try to verify the condition of thier HVT's. Maybe we can figure out more
acurately what numbers are in the good or bad range. (Damn that Mr. P.O.
!!!!!!!!! -see the faq under History if you haven't read it allready.)

Thanks for all of your suggestions,
MK