Couple old game things...

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Wed Jun 09 1999 - 17:11:14 EDT

Sorta off topic, but interesting:

1) SNK America is bringing out a new color hand-held game to compete against
Nintendo. (I think their webpage is www.snkusa.com?) On the list of games
available for it-- Crush Roller! (WHY, you'd pick *that* for your classic
arcade game selection is beyond me. Guess Nintendo/Sega/Sony developers
have the rights to all the "recognizable" classics. ;-)

2) Anyone listen to Richard James? (also known as Aphex Twin and a bunch of
other things) I ran across an MP3 of a "Pacman" song he did as Aphex Twin.
It's basically techno-pacman music. Pretty cool if you like that kinda
stuff. (I like techno-- good programming music.)

3) (Here's my lame attempt to make this vector-related :-) Activision is
publishing Syrox's port of "Asteroids" to the Color GameBoy. Street date
for July...

-Clay