Re: Ampliphone HV FAQ is done!!!

From: Al Kossow <aek_at_spies.com>
Date: Wed Jun 09 1999 - 20:18:42 EDT

this was what Zonn was refering to

Reliable CRT power supply hits 18 kV.

The CRM183 high-voltage power supply, which replaces the M153/02P, offers better efficiency and an MTBF of >80,000 hours for
CRT applications. An increase in output voltage to 18 kV also allows you to use the CRM183 in a variety of applications, and an
increase in output current to 300 mA boosts maximum power output to 6W. An auxiliary output of 600V at 18 kV tracks the main
output voltage. Dynamic response is <50v for a 100-5A change in load at 18 kV. The CRM183 costs $277 (OEM). Advance Power
Inc, Solon, OH. (216) 349-0755.

---
I haven't said anything about this before, but a few months ago I picked up a
dozen CRT modules that might work as Keltron replacements. I gave two to someone
who never got back to me if they worked or not. I'll try to find out what
happened with them.