Re: Goot Desoldering Gun

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Thu Jun 10 1999 - 16:22:01 EDT

Couldn't be worse than the Metcals they use at my Real
Job. Those things are about $1000 a pop. But there isn't
a single repair operator that will let you take one away, they
love them! Mostly because these things have serious balls!
I took one one night and went to unsolder a bridge rectifier
from a Bally pinball power supply. The Metcal went into
overdrive and took that solder off like it was an IC lead, not
the 3/8" wide heavy copper trace that it was. Didn't even
slow it down. And I didn't even have a heavy tip installed!