Re: Ampliphone HV-other options?!

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Thu Jun 10 1999 - 18:42:30 EDT

On Thu, 10 Jun 1999 15:27:52 -0500, you wrote:

>Look at http://randyfromm.com/techdept/ for those schematics.

Well I just checked out the WG schematics (JPG!, uck!, and parts of
the schematics are chopped off! Geeze!)

Anyways we struck out there. The flybacks' primaries are designed for
123v. It looks like most all the raster monitors run of this voltage.

So maybe the deal is to design a HV supply using an isolation
transformer, a 123v regulator (with error correction for adjusting the
output HV), and both the Horizontal transformer and Flyback of a WG.

I didn't check the G2 voltages, but they could probably be made
usable, especially if they're to high. (Too low might be a problem!)

It might be overkill, but it still might be cheaper than a single
flyback from Wintron. And the parts will probably be available for a
long time.

-Zonn