Re: Tempest MG shipping...

From: Franklin Bowen <fbowen_at_balt.checkfree.com>
Date: Wed Jun 16 1999 - 19:22:33 EDT

Would those who are surprised by this, please raise their hands. Anyone?
Anyone? Beuller?

Would those who are upset by this, please raise their hands. Anyone?
Anyone? Beuller?

:-)

Clay Cowgill <ClayC@diamondmm.com> on 06/16/99 07:12:24 PM

Please respond to vectorlist@mcfeeley.cc.utexas.edu

To: "'vectorlist@mcfeeley.cc.utexas.edu'"
      <vectorlist@mcfeeley.cc.utexas.edu>
cc: (bcc: Franklin Bowen/MD/CheckFree)

Subject: Tempest MG shipping...

Hey all,

Just a quick note (work's been busy... grrrr. :-) on the Tempest Multigame.
They're shipping, but very SLOOOOOWLY. My upright machine is acting up now
(gee, unplugging and hacking on the PCB 20 or 30 times a night for a month
seems to take a toll!) so testing finished units is painfully slow. (I've
trashed the sockets on the board by swapping daughtercards so much and now
the mathbox connection is sporadic.)

Anyway, I'm going to try to rearrange the machines to get my second Tempest
out from the corner and have a "fresh" test machine for working over the
weekend. That means I'll probably only get a half-dozen or so shipped this
week though. :-(

Sorry 'bout the delay, it'll take me a week or two to dig through the
pre-orders. (Clay's Surface Mount Assembly Garage is working well though.
;-)

-Clay