Re: Sources for 2n3792 & 2n3716

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Thu Jun 17 1999 - 17:02:26 EDT

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999 13:37:40 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>This has always been my fear as well. I sort of do the try it and pray
>method - but only when my choices are limited. Is there a book or manual
>you'd recommend for checking on specs when you're doing back referencing?

No, sorry. What I've done is hit a lot of surplus electronics stores.
I always browse their book sections looking for old 80's data books,
books on semiconductors, etc.

That and I go through the libraries of the places I work.

>By the way, the ECG Cross Reference software is free.
>http://www.wayneindustrial.com/ecg.htm - You just have to pay the
>shipping fee of $5 unless you find a place to download it. Would it be
>possible, without changing the actual software, to write some sort of perl
>script to parse out the database and do a lookup on anything related to
>the cross-reference number?

You'd have to figure out the format of their database. I doubt that
it's straight ASCII.

-Zonn