RE: Cinematronics sound board behavior...

From: Mark Shostak <shostak_at_nortelnetworks.com>
Date: Wed Jun 23 1999 - 09:26:26 EDT

In message "Cinematronics sound board behavior...", Clay Cowgill writes:

>With MP3 players and digital cameras driving the price of SmartMedia cards
>down I'm back to thinking that maybe a brute-force sample player board might
>be the way to go for adding sound to the Sega G-80 multigame and possibly
>the Cinematronics Multigame as well.

As far as the CMG is concerned, keep NVRAM in the back of your mind.
I think it'd be cool to use the sound board to save stuff like high scores
and option settings. I'm getting tired of loosing my high scores on SC.
The sound board is a good place to do it, since its address space
will be more accessible than that of the CCPU. Also, it won't be too difficult
to add to the s/w as the drivers in the menu already have game specific init routines.

-Mark