RE: Cinematronics sound board behavior...

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Wed Jun 23 1999 - 14:38:22 EDT

> > This is a cool offer! Neil has worked out many of the problems of
> > using samples to emulate analog sound boards.
> > The source won't be usable on the Scenix, but the logic flow will.
>
> Why not? Is it not C?

I'm sure there's a 'C' compiler out there, but porting the code might well
be more effort than just writing it from scratch. The Scenix is basically a
PIC microcontroller on steroids. (~50 MIPS at 50MHz) Memory is measured in
hundreds of bytes and a few K-bytes for code. ;-) Cheap. No external
data/address bus except for bit-banged stuff.

It *would* be really interesting to see the Retrocade stuff though-- if only
for the theory used and the interface code in particular.

-Clay