RE: Asteroids deluxe hookup help

From: Keith, Brendan <Brendan.Keith_at_wilcom.com>
Date: Fri Jun 25 1999 - 09:28:58 EDT

> ----------
> From: Kevin Watson[SMTP:kevinwatson@btinternet.com]
>
> I need to know what are the minimum connections that you can use to test
> an
> asteroids deluxe board. What needs to be connected where and what needs to
> be pulled high or low.
>
> I have the pinouts and just need a little help to inerpret them

I'm currently working on an Asteroids and a Deluxe board and I've been
informed (and confirmed) that the minimum you'll need for bench testing
the logic with a scope or probe is the +5 and GND.
You'll probably want to ground the self-test line as well, to put it in test
mode.

If you're using a switching supply you can start feeding in the other
voltages after the individual regulators to get their respective functions
working.

If you have a DC supply of at least 18V you could hook that in just after
the 4 diode bridge to get them all working.

Or you could just get a 36VAC transformer hooked up and let the board
do its thing. I'll bet a transformer as low as 24VAC would work,
commonly used in the telecom industry and in home doorbell circuits.

All disclaimers apply. i.e. Don't blame me.

Brendan Keith
brendan.keith@wilcom.com