Lunar Lander mod?

From: Chris Loggans <chris.loggans_at_deltasolutions.com>
Date: Fri Jun 25 1999 - 15:14:49 EDT

I recently received a modified Lunar Lander board in a box of assorted
boards and I have no idea what the modification is supposed to do and
thought someone here might know the answer. First of all there is an add on
board with 6 74LSxxx series chips soldered in place of C5. The board says
AST. MOD. - 2. There are also two jumper wires that select either one of
four pins that are labeled 22,44,1.5,3.0 or one of 3 pins labeled 4,5,6.
There are probably 30-40 jumper wires added to the board along with a few
cut traces and added pullup resistors.

From the label on the add on board, I would have guessed that it is an
Asteroids conversion, but the checksum's on the ROM's don't match. In fact,
they don't match at all or anything that makes sense on Lawnmowerman's
checksum page. The three program ROM's at B1, C1 and D1, checksum to AE93,
F800 and 6716. The vector rom checksum's to 5F2F. I guess that someone
could have just thrown in old ROM's from anything to fill the sockets, but
who knows.

So does anyone know what this is?

Thanks,
-Chris