RE: Fluke 9000 troubleshooting THE TAPES

From: jeff hendrix <jhendrix_at_Quark.Com>
Date: Wed Jul 07 1999 - 13:00:57 EDT

Or it can be done in Quicktime.

-----Original Message-----
From: Clay Cowgill [mailto:ClayC@diamondmm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 1999 10:32 AM
To: 'vectorlist@lists.cc.utexas.edu'
Subject: RE: Fluke 9000 troubleshooting THE TAPES

> In Real Video format
> the quality should be more then acceptable and I might be able to put it
> on the
> web as well.
>
> Will this make every one happy?

I'd actually vote for MPEG-1 type encoding, but only because it seems a bit
more common than the Real format.

I would probably never use a streaming viewer off the web for this kind of
thing (even with a cable-modem I can't get much above a 150kbps stream due
to network congestion). MPEG looks pretty good and anyone with a TV-out on
their machine can make a pretty OK video tape from it...

-Clay