RE: Amplifone HV board - Solved a really wierd problem today...

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Mon Jul 12 1999 - 17:05:08 EDT

> Sorry for the big story, but has anybody ever seen a 555 do this on
> an
> Amplifone HV board? This was the first time I saw this, and thought it was
>
> really goofy.

I haven't had the 555 die in particular, but I did lose a *resistor* in the
555 circuit. Tested "close enough" in circuit (doing an "A"/"B" compare
with a good board), but after a brute-force search of components on the
board I found the value was way off when pulled from the board. (Something
like 3.9K but tested to ~800 ohms...)

This was in a WG HV cage, but the same basic theory applies...

-Clay