RE: Tempest Multigame Shipping update

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Fri Jul 16 1999 - 13:29:58 EDT

> Hmmm..., I wonder what shipping/accounting principle Clay uses, LIFO,
> FIFO, PIKFOL (People I know first, others last) ;^)

It's kind-of an ordered stack/FIFO thing. ;-)

I receive orders on a first-come/first-served basis. I then sort them so
that people ordering the *exact* same things go into the same stacks, but
preserving the FIFO nature.

There will then be something that 90% of the people order-- the "special".
Like a Tempest Multigame with a Reset Adapter. Those are top priority
because I can build them all at once all the same, put them in the same
boxes with the same op-kits, and tell UPS that they all weigh the same and
ship them all at once every week.

I repeat the process for the next most common versions on down. So the list
I posted are probably a couple of the last of the "special"s and then less
common variations like two or three kits at a time, different numbers of
reset adapters, ship with other stuff, etc. Basically anything that
requires me to do something off the beaten path.

There are occasional exceptions-- if I have something fail final test I
might get an odd number of reset adapters or something and fill a one-off
order with the leftovers. No overall conspiracy though. ;-)

> Actually, I don't mind being late on the list. That way if problems get
> found (like the Mutlipac), I get the revised version right off the bat.
>
> Hey wait a minute, maybe we can have a muti kit of the multi kit! You
> know, all the different versions of all the different revisions Clay has
> made along the way. (Just teasing Clay. I think you're doing a great
> job.) At least I'm ahead of that aek guy.

Yeah, poor Al. He's always having to wait for me to get to him. I'm very
literal when people tell me "no rush" or "I won't get to it right away"...
;-)

-Clay