Re: Weird G05 Problem, Please Help

From: Jon Raiford <raiford_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Mon Jul 19 1999 - 13:18:21 EDT

At this point, I've been pulling off every component to test individually
(at some point, brute force is the easiest way to go). I have convinced
myself that it has to be a problem in the Y deflection circuitry, but I
suppose its possible that it is a problem in the section that X and Y both
share (500 series parts). Eventually I will pull every component and
find them one at a time, but I thought maybe I had enough info for the
experts to point me in some kind of direction. I did replace the chasis
transistors and they were not shorted to ground. I even plugged the Y
chasis transistors into the X side to test them out and also reflowed
solder on every connector and wire from the amp connector. What shocked
me was the rate these last 2 resistors were frying. In less than a second,
it had burnt up quite a bit of the surrounding area.

Jon