Re: BattleZone Monitor? Problem

From: Doug Jefferys <dougj_at_hwcn.org>
Date: Mon Jul 19 1999 - 14:31:50 EDT

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Christopher X. Candreva wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Al Warner wrote:
> >
> > Now that summer is here, the garage is warmer, the screen changes size
> > both top and bottom and sorta "Jumps" from being a squished screen (top
> > & bottom) to a normal size screen.
>
> Did you check my old pal the HV diode ? Try freeze-spraying that.
>
> If you've already replaced it, this can also be caused by a poor insulation
> job that arcs occasionally.

Interesting - I've seen the same problem - Cabaret Battlezone, sometimes
the screen is "squished" vertically by about 1/4, jumping back and forth
between "squished" mode and "normal" mode every few minutes. A few weeks
ago, I was the one who reported a faint arcing sound in the monitor after
powerdown of the game. It's possible Al and I have essentially the same
problem.

Later,
Doug.

--