RE: Lots of Arcade Articles Scanned in..

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Wed Jul 21 1999 - 13:13:23 EDT

> http://www.gamearchive.com/articles/ClassicNews/1981/Smith-9-81-Pg50.htm
>
> It is specifically about the programmers at Atari. Can anyone connect
> names with
> faces on the programmer/cubical picture?

That's cool. "Dave" is clearly Dave Theurer-- the interview is from when he
was developing Tempest. He's probably playing with Aliens or Vortex. ;-)

The "lady in red" I'm pretty sure is Donna Bailey. ["Dona" from the article]
The guy playing the game looks like David Crane-- but I never though he did
anything with coin-up. Maybe he just reminds me of a guy I was in
grad-school with. Hard to tell. ;-)

The guy in the yellow shirt (standing) could be Dave Wiebenson. He was Dave
and Donna's technician (DEW in the Centipeded high-score table). Kinda
looks like him, but he's got a lot less hair now-a-days...

-Clay