Re: Classic Games in the News

From: Neil Bradley <neil_at_synthcom.com>
Date: Tue Jul 27 1999 - 16:51:13 EDT

> Don't take it personally Roger (oops, intentional for effect). When we
> did the cap kit doc together, I got it right 60% of the time. My wife's
> name is Roxann and everyone adds the "E" to the end. People spell
> things the "common" way; considering the grammer of many of the
                                            ^^^^^^^ Ugh (grammar)

> should consider yourself lucky if they bothered to use a capital letter "R".

I actually find it disrespectful that people don't bother to take note of
details such as getting a name correct.

As an example, my full name is "Christopher Neil Bradley". I went by Chris
until the age of 23 and quit because of the name mutilations that
happened:

Criss
Cris
Kris
Kriss
Khriss

Almost NO ONE got it right. The most common spelling of Chris and everyone
got it wrong. Then I went by Neil:

Niel
Nail
Neal

And "Neal" is the archaic form of Neil (1/10th the commonality)! And how
about my last name:

Bradely
Bradly
Bradlee

Bradley is the most common spelling again and everyone seems to screw it
up. I think people are just getting lazy.

-->Neil

Neil Bradley Synthcom home : http://www.synthcom.com
Synthcom Systems, Inc. 9 Out of 10 men who have tried camels prefer women.
ICQ # 29402898 Cigarette smokers are drug addicts. Treat them as such.