Re: How much lighter is a striped cabinet ?

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Thu Jul 29 1999 - 16:41:41 EDT

On Thu, 29 Jul 1999, Kurt Mahan wrote:

> I got one of those! The string on mine came off -- the "obvious" way to
> wrap it didn't work, but the manual DOES describe it. :)

Already found a manual for sale . . .

> Yep. Pull the monitor, coin door, CP and as I recall the big transformer
> in the base. It gets nice and light (well, its all relative, it IS an
> atari cabinet :).. When the cabinet is essentially reduced to wood its
> not bad.

Now that's the best news yet -- someone who actually moved a Pole Position.

> tarps on each landing. And DON'T slide it anywhere. (makes homeowners
> nervous)..

:-) -- oh yeah. I've got a bunch of those plastic-bottomed sliders (work
great) which I planned on installing before moving it anyway -- but thanks
Kurt and Ed !

-Chris

http://www.westnet.com/