Replacement AVG Chips...

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Mon Aug 09 1999 - 20:24:43 EDT

Hi All,

Just a quick note to say that I'm working on the new layout for the
replacement Atari AVG controller chips. (Finally found some needed parts in
surface mount...) Anyway, I'll probably have some prototypes in about two
weeks, with production units about 4 weeks after that.

Price might vary a bit depending on what kind of connector people want on
them. (I can use 40-pin header pins pretty cheap-- but they might not fit
in all sockets without installing another socket first, or I can use those
custom headers like the MultiPac which work in all the sockets Atari used--
but cost a lot more.) I can actually do that on a case-by-case basis, or
just go on a consensus. (Probably about a $4 delta between the two.)

-Clay