Re: Trouble with Space Wars Monitor

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Fri Aug 13 1999 - 01:14:37 EDT

Great Zonn! (like Great Scott only friendlier ;-)

True enough that you can't run the monitor with BOTH the yoke and output
transistors unplugged, however for testing purposes you creak a no-load
situation if you run the monitor with the yoke alone unplugged. If you have
no input signal to the monitor then there is no damage done to the
outputs. Consider that a vector monitor is just a rather overbuilt audio
amp, with surprisingly similar characteristics, and you will better
understand that !@#$%!@#$% things.

John :-#)#

  http://www.flippers.com