Re: Not vector, but Bronze Age ?

From: Cris Rhea <crhea_at_mayo.edu>
Date: Mon Aug 23 1999 - 17:10:57 EDT

> > > There is a Monaco GP project for sale, $150 plus shipping. Complete,
> > doesn't
> > > work. I have a special place in my heart for this game, but I'm completely
> > > and utterly out of room, and he's threatening to part, dump it by Friday.
> > >
> > > Anyone want to save it, contact Art - a218@aol.com
> > >
> > > -Chris

Two things:

I agree with Zonn's comment to the extent that I hate reading
FS: and FA: postings where each posting is 6 notes:

    1 posting something for sale or auction, but missing key info.
    4 postings from folks reaming out the original poster for omitting location,
      condition, etc.
    1 posting with the corrected info.

I don't mind reading FS: and FA: postings- but there's just too much noise.
That's why I seldom read the netnews groups any longer....

Second thing-

I like the old games also, so I contacted Art to see what the deal is
with his Monaco GP. I had already read his threads in netnews regarding the
game.

    - He wants $150 + shipping (my guess would be ~$80 with FA) PLUS
      a $55 packing/pallet fee.

    - He offered to send photos to serious requests, but wouldn't when
      I asked because the game is buried w-a-y deep in his shop and he didn't
      want to spend the time digging it out.

Sorry Chris, I'd love to save your beloved GP, but I'm not into paying $285
for a known broken game in unknown condition, sight unseen (it ain't Star
Wars or I, Robot)....

Art was willing to sell the boards.... I'm not interested in just boards,
so I didn't ask price.....

--- Cris

 Cristopher J. Rhea Mayo Foundation
 Research Computing Facility Pavilion 2-25
 crhea@Mayo.EDU Rochester, MN 55905
 Fax: (507) 266-4486 (507) 284-0587