Rip Off problems

From: scott <scott_at_abramross.com>
Date: Wed Aug 25 1999 - 05:36:39 EDT

I would greatly appreciate any help troubleshooting some problems I've been
having with my Rip Off.

After aquiring the game the monitor burnt out so that was replaced. But
there are some areas of the screen that are "jiggly". If you are parked in
these areas and rotate your tank, there is a jiggly effect. but i can live
with that.

The real problem is- as soon as you plug in the game you hear the test boom
sound and the background rhythm sound starts, then a few seconds later a
very annoying high pitch whine starts. The whine seems to start exactly when
the marquee light comes on, but i dont see how that would have anything to
do with it. the whine is definitely coming through the speaker and it
adjusts with the volume knob along with the rest of the sounds. the problem
was thought to be the power supply
so it was replaced but still have the same problems. another thing is- the
background rhythmn sound is supposed to get faster and higher as the enemies
steal the fuel cell triangles, but mine doesn't. It just keeps the same the
whole game- and sometimes the game just cuts out completely while you are
playing.

Thanks,
Scott