Re: Cross for Keltron diodes?

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Thu Aug 26 1999 - 04:34:49 EDT

jwelser@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Has anybody had to replace any of the diodes on the outputs of the
> Keltron HV supply in Cinematronics monitors? If so, have you found a
> cross for them? I searched the NTE and SK databases, but no luck.
>
> The parts in question are DT230HI and HX10M.

DT230H1 is an ECG/NTE116, an SK3313, or a
Radio Shack 276-1104. An NTE116 is a 600V 1A.
I don't think this is the right part to use.

HX10M doesn't seem to cross.

First rule of flyback supplies is that you use FAST
diodes. 1N4000 series, for example, will die a quick
death and possibly take other parts with them. WHY?
If the part can't turn on and off quickly they will try to
conduct briefly in the reverse direction. That causes
heating.

An NTE552 would be a good replacement for either
number.