RE: Cross for Keltron diodes?

From: Fish, David <dfish_at_bev.etn.com>
Date: Fri Aug 27 1999 - 12:14:27 EDT

>I had to scavenge a replacement for that cap from a spare Keltron
>supply, so I need to get one of those caps. I'm not sure what type
it is
>(it looks like an epoxy cylinder wrapped in yellow tape.) I
suppose any
>.036, 100V, 5% capacitor will do, but I'm kinda curious as to what
that
>type of capacitor is called. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

        These caps are metalized polypropylene if I recall correctly. A few
        years ago I got some samples of the caps from the manufacturer,
        Southern Electronics, when I was going to rebuild the voltage
        quadrupler section of a Keltron. I got the HX series diodes also
        but can't recall the manufacturers name. I can look it up tonight
        if anyones interested.

        Dave