RE: Revisited: Sega XY freeplay

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Wed Sep 01 1999 - 17:08:05 EDT

> Well, you can sort of do a 'watch' window via the 'cheats'. You can make
> it display
> certain memory loctions across the top of the screen which works pretty
> well but you
> have to be in the non-debug screen to see them. I think you are limited to
> 16 locations
> tho.

How are those activated? (Maybe I just didn't see them in the docs or the
modules I was scrounging around in...) I really liked Al's G-80 simulator
where I could see ALL of the G-80 RAM on a big enough Mac monitor. ;-) The
fact that it wasn't real-time on my old 7100 was fine 'cause it was easier
to have time to look at everything and keep playing the game...

> The cheats also have a really cool process to help find the mystery
> location of
> a variable. Works pretty well actually. You have to know some basic idea
> of how the
> variable changes but it can at least narrow the search down to a small
> handful of
> locations.

I've just used the memory windows and taken advantage of the "color change"
when values are altered. Kinda tedious, but not too bad...

-Clay