Astroids Deluxe Monitor Troubles

From: Duane Yeager <duane_at_marketaccess.ca>
Date: Thu Sep 02 1999 - 23:20:59 EDT

Good day,

I bought an Astroids Deluxe cocktail. I got it for a really good price
because it doesn't work. My knowledge of eletronics is slim (although I
have friends w/ electronics knowledge who are willing to help), but this
was one of my favorite games and I couldn't resist buying it. Here is a
brief description of the problem. Any help would be **greatly appreciated**.

Simply stated, the problem appears to be w/ the monitor. The game powers
up, but there is no picture. I can hear my ship -- I have tested thrust,
shield, and fire so I know the game is actually running. I checked all the
fuses for continuity. All were ok.

I have search the Net for guidance and noticed alot of people recommend
installing the Zanen Get Well kit. Randy Fromm has one for my monitor
(Wells Gardner 19V2000) for only $5! My questions are:

- is the Get Well kit a good idea? Can I install it easily? What are the
chances it will take care of the problem?
- how do I go about isolating the problem (assuming the Get Well kit is not
the right approach).
- do you have any tips, suggestions, etc?

Once again, any help is greatly appreciated. This was one of my favorite
games and I would love to have it working.

Duane