RE: BattleZone monitor centering

From: Jon Raiford <raiford_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Thu Sep 09 1999 - 11:30:59 EDT

Chris wrote:
>> 5) SLOWLY turn the brightness up until a small dot appears
>
>This makes me very nervous. Isn't the spot killer supposed to PREVENT this ?

The spot killer is supposed to prevent it from staying like that for an extended period of time. It is sometimes needed to bypass the spot killer while servicing these vector monitors, but it should always be adjusted back when you are done.

Jeff wrote:
>The spot killer turns the beam down, not completely off.
>You can crank the brightness up high enough to see the beam (you can also do
>this during game play and will see it connect-the-dots between the shapes)

You can even see that Clay put a border around his attract screen on the multi-tempest, although it is drawn using an intensity that is not supposed to be visible. In fact, it shows a little bit of a snow effect as it traces around the screen (on mine, at least).

Jon