RE: Free Star Wars Cabinet (Stripped)

From: Christopher V. Moore <cmoore_at_heartlab.com>
Date: Wed Sep 15 1999 - 12:04:59 EDT

At 08:45 AM 9/15/99 -0700, you wrote:

>> Test on a rear corner, brush on, let bubble for a second or two, then wipe
>>
>> off and rinse. Remember to only work on a palm sized area at a time to
>> keep
>> control.
>> DO NOT RUSH THE JOB!!!
>>
>I have a "Dunis Grey" Star Wars that seems immune to any attempts at
>top-layer stripping. I think the grey is some sort of etching primer that
>they painted with... Black on the other hand might be easier to remove.
>YMMV...

Well, you can definately see the relief of the artwork underneath on this
cabinet at the top and I was going to try to strip it to get the original
artwork back. However, three weeks after I got this cabinet, I picked up
another that has fairly decent artwork intact. So now I don't have to mess
with strippers and stuff like that. I just have to do the electronics and
put it all back together. Right now, I'm working on the sound board
of a Stern Trident pin, but that's not on topic for this list :-)

By the way, the cabinet is spoken for and hopefully the new owner will
try to get the original artwork back.

-Chris

--
Christopher V. Moore -- Principal Engineeer
Heartlab, Inc. - 101 Airport Rd - Westerly, RI 02891 -- www.heartlab.com