Re: Vector programming

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_magenta.com>
Date: Tue Sep 28 1999 - 12:56:49 EDT

Im in the process of writing a Software Development Kit for Atari Vector Hardware. Im
about 50% done, I have to finish up the 6808 version first but the whole thing is pretty
modular.
Basically it will do these things.....

* Allow you to DASM game ROM's. It will automatically throw in lots of hardware based
comments. This dump is not in assembler friendly format, more of a printable format.
The DASM is a two pass process and it seems to be pretty good at getting all the code and
data areas.
*You can convert the above DASM into TASM(table assembler) format.
*Once in the TASM format you can edit the source, recompile and it will automatically
        open MAME(using special drivers) with the ROM's you just compiled for debugging.
* OR, you can just start with a blank page, select a hardware platform and write asm from
there.

Is anyone else doing this? Im using Borland C++ Builder 3.0 in Win95. I know Jeff H. was
working on something with Anders... what is it guys!??