Re: Why retroprogram?

From: Commander Dave <david_at_hiwaay.net>
Date: Tue Sep 28 1999 - 14:29:59 EDT

I like trying to "retroprogram" myself. Why? I guess I just think that it is
cool to see the old classic games do something different. Maybe put a back
door code in so I can't lose when my friends come over.

My current project is changing the speech in Wizard of Wor (ick!
Non-Vector!) to say different things like "I will kick your A**, Worrior!"
or some other humorous things. (side note: Why WOW? Because I have the
hardware).

All in all, it's just like other hobbies... why build model cars? Why go
skiing? Why climb a rock wall? Why bungie jump? It's all in what we enjoy
doing. And perhaps in this case, it is something that very few people in the
world do, so you are unique. And as someone else said, it is much easier
than today's hardware and software.

I can't think of an OBVector! Oh, no! Sorry guys!
-Commander Dave