Re: Vector programming

From: Peter Pachla <peter.pachla_at_vectrex.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue Sep 28 1999 - 15:08:18 EDT

Hi Josh,

> You may have come across my announcement of the Tempest Code
>Project, which has the goal of commenting the assembler code
>to Tempest to such a degree that the Tempest hardware and
>software are easily understood....

Funny you bring this up now. Over the past 8 months or so I've been having a
bash (on and off) at reverse engineering the "BattleZone" hardware.

Problem is I keep getting sidetracked....since starting on the BZ ROMs I've
disassembled the Atari 5200 BIOS, almost finished a disassembly of the Atari
7800 BIOS, gotten a fairly rudimentary 6502 disassembler written, revamped my
web-site twice and gotten halfway through writing a new Vectrex game (as well
as fighting some serious software problems with this machine (damn Win'95)).

Only a few days ago I started having another crack at producing a BZ ROM
disassembly.

Good luck with your project.

  TTFN - Pete.

--
Hardware & Software Engineer. Sound Engineer.
Collector of Arcade Machines, Games Consoles & Obsolete Computers (esp DEC)