Re: Zener question (for Space Duel)

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Fri Oct 08 1999 - 14:24:00 EDT

No reason at all. A higher wattage part (within reason) is a good
thing. If you go too far (50 watt stud mount part?) you might have
a problem with there not being enough current available to get a
sharp knee ('knee' is where the desired regulation voltage is, about
20 mA is where your part wants to run).