Re: Amplifone tube.

From: fishd <fishd_at_tiac.net>
Date: Sun Oct 10 1999 - 16:56:34 EDT

>I took a look at this and the WG neck board WILL NOT FIT on an Amplifone
with a
>Rauland tube on it. If what Dave said is true then you must have one of
the low
>res tubes 19VJTP22. Maybe this tube has the same type of neck socket the
WG tube has?

The Rauland M48AAW00X, the RCA 19VLTP22 and the RCA 19VJTP22 tubes
can all be plugged into the Amplifone tube socket, thier pinouts
are identical. The RCA 19VLUP22 CANNOT. Greg Woodcock covered this
extensively in a previous tube-swap article. IIRC, he put a M48
tube in place of a VLU in a Tempest, although I may be mistaken here.

Dave

David Fish "We want...Information. INFORMATION
Melrose, MA USA You won't get it!
   fishd@tiac.net By hook or by crook we will"
   dfish@bev.etn.com _The Prisoner_