RE: Display Corrector

From: Jon Raiford <raiford_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Mon Oct 11 1999 - 16:57:57 EDT

At 01:43 PM 10/11/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>> The Tempest -> MH adaptor board has the display
>> corrector built-in. So why would you need both? Or does that have
>> something to do with the crystal change?
>>
>Uhhh... You don't need both. Original Major Havoc adapters for Space
>Duel/tempest are rare, so you can use the display corrector I did on a Major
>Havoc boardset instead. The primary target though is for Star Wars boards.

What I meant was "Why do you need the linearity adjustments that are built-in
on the MH board as well as either your display corrector or the tempest => MH
board?". Since the MH and Star Wars apparently already have the linearity
controls, how do you gain anything with the display corrector? Or are the
amplifone-made cpu boards unable to adjust enough to straighten out the lines?
(not trying to bash you.. i am just curious :) I'm assuming that it just
won't adjust enough or maybe it doesn't affect enough of the display?

Jon