Re: New Vector monitor project progress

From: Jeff Anderson <mayday19_at_idt.net>
Date: Fri Oct 15 1999 - 16:28:59 EDT

> 27 inch or bigger. If you're going to do a project of that scale, we may
> as well get something great out of it. How about 36 inch? Or better yet
> do it with lasers... Oops I'm getting carried away again.

Lasers. been there, done that (almost, long story) on a 180' OMNIMAX dome
with a 5-watt argon laser platform (split into R,G,B,Y with full intensity
control on each color) and a tempest boardset :>

Another small hobby of mine is fooling around (and buying/selling) CRT
video projectors.. I was screwing around on Barco's website (Barco makes
the best projectors IMHO :) a couple days ago, and I ran across this:

http://www.eis.barco.com

Barco bought a small company that makes dual mode Raster scan/Calligraphy
scan projectors.. mainly for applications like flight simulators..
CALLIGRAPHY SCAN? fancy word for VECTOR? keep an eye out for any surplus
EIS video projectors.. They should be good for about a 20 foot picture!
In raster mode these beasts can probably handle 2500x2000 graphics so Id
assume they could handle displaying Star Wars in calligraphy mode?

Jeff