Re: New Vector monitor project progress

From: Jeff Anderson <mayday19_at_idt.net>
Date: Fri Oct 15 1999 - 17:59:06 EDT

> Those things look cool! Three CRT's, no pixels!! Cool!
>
> I'd imagine 99.99% of what we'd be buying would be useless for an X/Y
> game.

Yeah, those are probably about $100k new. but then again they have been
making them since early the 80s.. Used you could probably get one for
about $1k or less if you get lucky. Thats whats nice about really
high end stuff like that, often nobody knows what it is..

> Makes you wonder who supplies those water cooled CRTs and their
> associated yokes. It seems unlikely those would be made in house...

The CRTs are probably going to be off the shelf Sony 8" or 9" projection
CRTs, Sony makes just about all of them. And they are expensive! 8" tubes
are about $700 each, 9" are at least twice that. All Barco projectors use
Sony tubes, with deflection yokes wound by none other than Wintron! Im
not sure if they wind the focus or convergence yokes..

Jeff