Re: Space Duel Blahs

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Mon Oct 18 1999 - 12:54:17 EDT

On Mon, 18 Oct 1999, Mehrtens John-LJM071 wrote:

> First, every once in a while the unit will show a dot on the center of the
> screen along with the rest of the XY chars. Could this be 'lytics that are
> drying up? Driver circuitry? Any suggestions?

Could the brightness just be too high ?

> Second, audio is disappearing (Just certain effects - like ship explosions -
> but not the whole shebang). This, I believe, is bitrot... My EPROM

Actually I would guess one of the POKEY's going, since that's what makes the
sounds. The self test should have a way to test each POKEY to see which is
the problem.

The Space Duel page on www.gamearchive.com has a pdf version of the manual,
if you don't have one.

-Chris