Re: Tempest resetting problem

From: Matt Rossiter - Verio Southern California <matt_at_rossiters.com>
Date: Tue Oct 19 1999 - 11:42:31 EDT

I think "Address Decoding" sounds about right. One thing about the Fluke
tests I've doing... I can actually write a bit pattern to ram and I can
read from ram (I always get 0xD7 read back or basically 11010111). What
the fluke *can't* do is write a bit pattern and read it back correctly.
Perhaps there's a stuck bit somewhere? That's probably why the fluke's
LEARN function doesn't see any ram on the board - although it does pass
the BUS test. On a working Tempest (or any working board) - it will detect
all the ram and be able to give you the memory map.

Hmmmm....

Matt