edge/finger connector repair

From: Todd Miller <litterbox_at_netconx.net>
Date: Fri Oct 22 1999 - 13:50:00 EDT

My Cosmic Chasm has been giving me fits lately, mostly the
edge connector causing intermittent booting errors. I'm going
to replace the edge connector, but the fingers on the PCB
could use a re-plating rather then just re-tin them with solder.

When I used to read Popular Electronics & Electronics Now, I
remember an advertised product that was designed to re-plate
switch and relay contacts with improved conductivity and cooler
contact temps. I think it was Nickel based, but I can only recall
it being called Amp Plate ? Has anyone had experience with this
product or a URL ? Or, what does everyone else do to repair the
fingers on a PCB ?

Thanks

Todd