Re: Electrostatic deflection?

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Sat Oct 23 1999 - 02:05:06 EDT

I went to an OLD tube manual and found a 10HP4, a 10" round
electrostatic deflection tube. Deflection in one direction took 100
volts per inch, the other axis was 130. That's only 650 volts
needed to fully deflect in the worst axis! Of course there's is hardly
any current behind that (a BIG help).

Overall length was 19.25". Compare that with a 19" 90 degree
magnetic deflection tube at about 15" in length. Or a 110 degree
tube at about 12".

Of course these are all B&W tubes, not color. I don't know of any
electrostatically deflected color CRTs.