G08 transistors

From: Mark E Davidson <Burbs1_at_concentric.net>
Date: Mon Nov 01 1999 - 17:28:25 EST

Ok, Last week I said that my G08 puffed. It seems that the two
transistors supplied in the Zanen cap kit (2n3716) shorted,
smoking at least 3 resistors in the 100 to 180 ohm range on the
deflection board and some of the add on boards. There may be more damage
but that's a different issue. Could this line be fused to prevent new
damage? ( just a thought I had)
        It has long been said that the original 2N6259 transistor is no
longer available. This is untrue! I ordered and (received) 20 this
weekend from my local supply house, But again that is not were Im going
here. In looking for a cross reference, I found NTE388 to have higher
specifications then the 2N6259. I put a table together comparing the two
at http://www.basementarcade.com/arcade/library/vlist/ntevs2n6259.html
Is it possible that a better part does exists in today's world? Would
the NTE388 also be a better replacement for the 2n3716 in a WG6100?

-=Mark=-