Re: Gravity Calculation

From: Paul Kahler <phkahler_at_Oakland.edu>
Date: Mon Nov 01 1999 - 17:50:06 EST

> This seems to work, but how do I implement ^-1.5 in assembly?

How were you going to implement ^.5 (i.e. sqrt) in assembly? Oh, I see
at least with sqrt the inverse is easy to do, so you can tell if a "guess"
is too high or low (just square the guess and compare to the original).
With x^-1.5 its harder hmmm..... I'll have to think about that one. Perhaps
some of the ideas for sqrt would apply. Remember they are both exponentials
just a different exponent. (I negated it too so you don't need to divide).

Ideas anyone?

256 entry table lookup ??? That may be enough resolution for game gravity.

--
|_|  |_||_| \___/ |____)      for things another man can just ignore. " -S.H.