Re: Space Wars Demo

From: Paul Kahler <phkahler_at_Oakland.edu>
Date: Mon Nov 01 1999 - 17:56:39 EST

> You know...
>
> The talk of gravity calculation and the cartridge-based Space Duel made me
> think... We could always stick another processor on the cartridge for a
> game-- just map it as R/W memory. (A little 50Mhz Scenix chip with some
> dual-port RAM would probably make a pretty good/cheap "mathbox". ...and
> would be good "copy protection" for commercial games to boot.) Probably not
> worth the extra effort required, but thought I'd mention it. :-)

Lets just put an embeded PowerPC in there. We use the MPC555 here at work
and it's got on chip RAM, Flash, floating point, and peripherals. And that
other flavor of the chip seems to run MAME in that digital camera just fine.
:-) :-) :-) it's way too much processor (and $$$).

--
|_|  |_||_| \___/ |____)      for things another man can just ignore. " -S.H.