New Vector Monitor Project: LM3886 headroom

From: <nelsonjjjj_at_didactics.com>
Date: Fri Nov 05 1999 - 16:45:37 EST

I'm not sure what kind of headroom we need to do the explosions
correctly.

Does anyone want to volunteer to take voltage and current measurments
on a Star Wars Game, during the explosions?

I don't think we will have a problem. To clip the highest peaks,
the supply voltage merely needs to be reduced. In this case,
clipping should cause no undue stress on any components, but
I would like to see enough headroom to overscan, otherwise the
screen edges will be annoying to look at.

I have ordered some LM3886 amps to begin experimentation with.

James

-----