Re: Cheap BW vector monitor

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Sat Nov 06 1999 - 02:00:25 EST

I had thought of that, but a vector amplifier needs to be DC coupled
all the way through. Unlike running music (where the signal spends
the same amount of time either side of zero volts) a vector signal
on some screens might draw very little on the bottom half of the
screen and quite a bit on the top (for example). An AC coupled
amplifier would tend to let the picture 'slide' down the screen.
Then when the picture changes everything would 'slide' again. Might
be an interesting effect, but hardly what you would want.